Categories of Membership
Open to New Zealand organisations engaged in design; manufacture; fabrication; construction; maintenance; supply of welding consumables; supply of metals, in relation to the metals engineering industry. Ordinary Members pay an annual subscription based on the number of people they employ in activities related to the metals engineering industry.
Ordinary Members receive all the benefits listed overleaf and are eligible for the following additional benefits:
- A substantial extra discount off standard members' rates for courses, seminars, publications and consultation work
- The right to nominate and vote for members of the HERA Executive Board, and to vote at general meetings of the Association
- The inclusion of a written profile in HERA's Directories.
Open to New Zealand organisations which are engaged in heavy engineering as a core business and which use raw materials subject to the Heavy Engineering Research Levy. (Note: Any organisation which is eligible for Associate membership is entitled to apply for Ordinary membership as described above.)
Levied materials are:
- Carbon steel plate greater than 4.75mm thick
- Carbon steel sections 80mm or more in depth
- Carbon steel RHS 102 mm or more in depth
- Welding consumables (excluding gases).
Associate Members pay higher course/seminar fees, higher prices for publications and have no voting rights for HERA's Executive elections. Eligible Associate members do not pay any subscription.
The Executive may at its discretion admit to Affiliate membership any person or organisation which is associated with the metals engineering industry but not eligible for Ordinary or Associate membership.
Affiliate members pay an annual subscription of NZ$ 701.50 (including GST).
Affiliate members receive the benefits listed, including discounts for courses, seminars, publications and consultation work. They also qualify for the inclusion of a written profile in HERA's Directories.
For other engineering industry Associations.