The course covers the scope of welding supervision activities: the role and responsibilities of the Welding Supervisor, welding processes, welding procedure qualification, welding metallurgy, construction and design, fabrication engineering, seismic welding, compliance with relevant welding standards as well as quality management aspects.
- One week full time course of 40 hours, plus
- Distance learning involving assignments and examination preparation of 60 hours.
- AS 2214-2004: Certification of welding supervisors - Structural steel welding.
- NZQA Unit standard 26393 (25 credits at Level 5). This unit is a core elective for the National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Level 5) - Engineering Fabrication.
- IIW Welding Technology Module 1 for the International Welding Inspector (B) qualification.
To register please download form (to be added)
For more information please click (to be added)
*WT1 Refresher Course: Thursday 5th October
*Exam: Friday 6th October