Welding Supervisor Course Exams – September 2022
September 9 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The examination requirements are:
For the AS/NZS 2214 Certificate and the HERA Welding Inspector WT1 module there are two exams:
- Paper A Welding “Theory and Technology” (3-hour exam).
- Paper B “Application of Standards” (2-hour exam).
For the HERA Certificate of Attainment for CBIP Elevating Work Platforms Inspectors there is one exam: Paper A Welding “Theory and Technology” (3-hour exam).
NOTE – Candidates who are currently attending, or have recently attended, a HERA Welding Supervisor Course and have access to the HERA E-learning platform are to apply for exam(s) there at “Welding Supervisor Examination (WT1) 2022-07”. It is not necessary to apply on this site.
- Examinations are held online on HERA E-learning platform.
- Paper A “Welding Theory and Technology” is a ‘closed book’ exam; no reference materials are permitted.
- Paper B “Applications of Standards” is an ‘open book’ exam; candidates may refer to a copy of AS/NZS 1554.1.
- The pass mark for examinations is 65%
- Exam instructions will be sent to candidates once the application is accepted.
- Examination results will be emailed to candidates.
- Where a candidate takes both Paper A and Paper B and does not achieve a pass in one exam, only that exam needs to be retaken.
Candidates have already been assessed against the prerequisites for the qualifications they are seeking in their course application. If a candidate is not sure of what exam(s) they are eligible to take, they are to contact HERA.
To take the online examination(s) candidates must have:
- Attended the classroom course or watched the online lectures,
- Completed the distance learning assignments.
Refresher course (optional)
Ensure you are prepared for your exams by selecting to do the optional online refresher/exam preparation course.
The course goes through sample examination questions, so you can feel more confident ahead of sitting your papers.
The Refresher course is in two Parts: one for Paper A and One for Paper B. Each part includes a Question and Answer segment.
Detailed instructions will be emailed to attendees ahead of time.
You’ll need to select the Parts of the Refresher in Section 3 of the exam application form if you’d like to attend.
Refresher Course – Paper A
Refresher Course – Paper B
- Fee’s must be paid in full prior to sitting the examinations
Apply to attend
Simply fill out the online form below to apply.
If you’d prefer to apply offline, please download the form.
Please note – there is no need to apply if you’ve previously done so on the HERA e-Learning & Examination Platform.