It is of great pleasure to report that the following structural steel Standards and Technical specification were published in April 2016.
HERA is a participating member of the BD-023 Committee, which has been working on the revision of the structural steel standards since 2012 for:
- AS/NZS 1163-2016 Cold-formed Structural Steel Hollow Sections
- AS/NZS 3678-2016 Structural Steel – Hot-rolled Plates, Floorplates and Slabs
- AS/NZS 3679.1-2016 Structural Steel – Part 1: Hot-rolled Bars and Sections
- AS/NZS 3679.2-2016 Structural Steel – Part 2: Welded I Sections
- SA TS 102-2016 Structural Steel – Limits on Elements Added
Given that product conformance is becoming ever more important globally, the new standards have much more detailed normative appendices on product conformity together with traceability requirements.
Among other things, for structural steel hollow sections, a normative appendix is given in AS/NZS 1163 that provides formulae for the calculation of section properties rather than section tables, which provides future flexibility to steel producers whom wish to develop new section sizes.