The examination requirements are:
For the AS/NZS 2214 Certificate and the HERA Welding Inspector WT1 module there are two exams:
- Paper A Welding “Theory and Technology” (3-hour exam).
- Paper B “Application of Standards” (2-hour exam).
For the HERA Certificate of Attainment for CBIP Elevating Work Platforms Inspectors there is one exam: Paper A Welding “Theory and Technology” (3-hour exam).
- Examinations are held online on HERA E-learning platform.
- Paper A “Welding Theory and Technology” is a ‘closed book’ exam; no reference materials are permitted.
- Paper B “Applications of Standards” is an ‘open book’ exam; candidates may refer to a copy of AS/NZS 1554.1.
- The pass mark for examinations is 65%
- Exam instructions will be sent to candidates once the application is accepted.
- Examination results will be emailed to candidates.
- Where a candidate takes both Paper A and Paper B and does not achieve a pass in one exam, only that exam needs to be retaken.