- This event has passed.
2018 welding standards update – Palmerston North
April 12, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Recent developments in key structural steel standards have meant significant changes to welding related requirements that you need to understand.
This seminar will explain these changes to ensure you’re efficiently meeting the current requirements of these standards including technical and quality management aspects.
Who should attend?
This seminar is ideal for those who deal with welding related works within their organisation including fabricators, welding supervisors & inspectors, training providers and those implementing and managing quality systems.
- Replacement of NZS 3404.1 as the cited standard for the fabrication and erection of structural steelwork
- Accepted as the standard defining good practice in welded fabrication
- Now the basis for the Steel Fabrication Certification Scheme (SFC)
- Revision of compliance issues
- Welding qualification standard now revised to be based on ISO 9606.1
- Now adopted as AS/NZS ISO 9606.1:2017
- Half day
- 10am to 230pm
- Session 1 – AS/NZS ISO 9606.1
- Session 2 – AS/NZS 2980:2018
- Tea / coffee break
- Session 3 – AS/NZS 1554.1 recent amendments, welding procedures and non-prequalified steel
- Session 4 – AS/NZS 5131 welding reuqirements
Michail Karpenko | General Manager Welding Centre
I’m an international welding engineer and member of Standards New Zealand and Australia committees including WD-003 “Welding.” This ensures I’m actively involved in the revision and updating of welding standards such as AS/NZS 1554, AS/NZS ISO 3834, DR ISO 17607 and AS/NZS 5131. I was also instrumental in establishing the Steel Fabrication Certification Scheme (SFC) in collaboration with SCNZ
Alan McClintock | Senior Welding Engineer
I’m a qualified welder, welding supervisor and inspector, and an IIW welding technologist. I’ve got considerable experience with New Zealand and Australia welding related structural standards and related quality control procedures, and I’m a Lead Auditor for both ISO 3834 and the Steel Fabrication Certification Scheme (SFC).
HERA Ordinary & Affiliate members
HERA Associate, SCNZ, NZSSDA & Engineering NZ members
* Fee’s include tea & coffee and seminar notes
Simply fill out this form to register, and from here we’ll take care of the rest!
Flights & accommodation
If you’ll be travelling to attend this seminar – accommodation and travel are your responsibility to organise. We’d like to advise you not to book these until you’ve received a confirmation email that the seminar is going ahead.
I’m sorry – registration for this course has now closed.
We suggest you search our events section online to see if we’re holding this particular course in another location that would suit you. Alternatively, we can place you on a waitlist for the next available course.
To do so, please send an email to email@example.com with subject title: Course waitlist request. Please include your full name, company, contact phone number, course and location you’re interested in within the email.