- This event has passed.
Auckland AS 2214 welding supervisor examinations
April 19, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
AS 2214 Welding supervisor/Welding technology module 1 exam
This is available only to attendees of the our previously held week long – Welding Supervisor/Inspection Part 1 course.
Applicants for this exam will be assessed as meeting the pre-examination requirements specified by the International Institute of Welding (IIW) and AS 2214.
Publications required to prepare for IIW and HERA examinations
- Student notes issued for the course
- AS/NZS 1554.1:2011 Structural steel welding – Welding of steel structures
- AS/NZS 1554.5:2011 Structural steel welding – Welding of steel structures subject to high levels of fatigue loading
- AS/NZS 1554.6:2012 Structural steel welding – Welding stainless steels for structural purposes.
To successfully enroll and sit this exam, applicants must have:
- For IIW WT1 – satisfactory completed the WT1 Welding supervisor course including distance learning component.
- For AS 2214 – have documentary evidence of having one of the following:
- Three years approved practical experience in the fabrication engineering industry, and successful completion of an approved course that includes.
– welding process technology;
– weld testing and inspection, and
– standards and specifications
- Three years approved experience in the supervision or inspection of welding
- A qualification in either engineering, metallurgy or welding, and three years approved experience related to the practical application of welding.
If you haven’t supplied the required documentation with your WT1 Welding Supervisor Course application this examination application will not proceed until you have demonstrated that you meet these requirements.
Each candidate will be notified by email of the marks awarded for each paper and the result of either PASS or FAIL.
The results will be posted to candidates within eight weeks after the examinations have been sat.
17-19 Gladding Place, Manukau
- Fee’s must be paid in full prior to sitting the examinations
Register to attend
Simply fill out the online form below to register.
If you’d prefer to register offline, please download the form.
Please note – there is no need to register if you’ve previously done so in your Welding Supervisor/Inspection Part 1 course application.
I’m sorry – registration for this course has now closed.
We suggest you search our events section online to see if we’re holding this particular course in another location that would suit you. Alternatively, we can place you on a waitlist for the next available course.
To do so, please send an email to email@example.com with subject title: Course waitlist request. Please include your full name, company, contact phone number, course and location you’re interested in within the email.