- This event has passed.
Optimised Sliding Hinge Joint (OSHJ) Online Webinar | 27 March 2023 – 31 March 2023
March 27 @ 10:00 am - March 31 @ 4:30 pm
The Optimised Sliding Hinge Joint (OSHJ) is a low damage, highly seismic resilient, versatile, and cost effective seismic resisting connection developed primarily for Moment Resisting Steel Framed (MRSF) buildings. The OSHJ is the optimized version of the traditional Sliding Hinge Joint (SHJ) with Asymmetric Friction Connections (AFCs).
The presentation will discuss the advantages, the recent development, modelling, designing, detailing, and in-service use of OSHJ.
Key Aspects to be covered:
Moment resisting frames (MRFs)
Optimised Sliding Hinge Joint (OSHJ)
And much more….
- Engineers who need to know about the latest design and detailing developments.
- Fabricators who need to learn the latest fabrication and construction information.
- Government Authorities keen to learn how OSHJ (a low damage seismic solution) can provide the lowest whole of life cost option, whilst meeting the required design life and reducing health and safety risks.Insurance Authorities keen to learn about advantages of low damage seismic solutions for building in New Zealand.
- Builders and Site Engineers who would like to learn how to properly install OSHJ in construction projects.
- Students who invest on their professional career development and those who study or perform research on low-damage seismic solutions
Dr. Shahab Ramhormozian | Lecturer at Auckland University of Technology (AUT) Shahab is a Senior Lecturer at Auckland University of Technology (AUT) teaching, and undertaking and supervising research in the field of structural and earthquake engineering with a focus on steel structures. Shahab has undertaken his PhD under Associate Professor Charles Clifton’s supervision on optimising the Sliding Hinge Joint with Belleville Springs, which has started to be implemented in practice.
Dr. Charles Clifton | Professor, University of Auckland
Dr Clifton is an Associate Professor at University of Auckland, specialising in structural steel and composite engineering in both heavy and light gauge steel. Charles has worked with Shahab Ramhormozian in developing the optimised sliding hinge joint to the point where it is now the most cost-effective, best performing and versatile low damage solution available worldwide for moment resisting steel framed seismic resisting systems
Presentation Fee (incl GST)
HERA Members: Free
Engineering New Zealand members: $50
HERA Student member Free
Non-member Student $20
To register, please fill in the below form and submit.
The close date for registrations is Wednesday 29th March 2023.
I’m sorry – registration for this course has now closed.
We suggest you search our events section online to see if we’re holding this particular course in another location that would suit you. Alternatively, we can place you on a waitlist for the next available course.
To do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: Course waitlist request. Please include your full name, company, contact phone number, course and location you’re interested in within the email.