In collaboration with the Pressure Equipment Workshop Committee, we’re pleased to announce that the 3rd New Zealand Pressure Equipment Workshop will be held 12 June 2020 in Auckland.
The aim of this pressure equipment focused conference is to bring together designers, fabricators, inspectors, vendors, regulators, owners and operators in an effort to:
- Share technical information, innovation and practical experiences,
- Provide guidance and feedback for the application and improvement of codes and regulations,
- Promote New Zealand’s capabilities, and
- Promote consistency and best practice in industry.
This event is run as a “by NZ industry for NZ industry” event and is a great opportunity to present and discuss issues concerning us all in the field of pressure equipment.
The two main themes of the workshop are Design & Analysis and Integrity, and we’re expecting this event to have a fantastic turn out given the last event of it’s kind in 2015 attracted over 100 attendees.
Travelling from America, this is a fantastic opportunity for our NZ pressure equipment industry to tap into deep expertise, with Crispin bringing over 50 years experience’ in forensic engineering, engineering design, principally in industry but also in research and teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Infact, for the past 30 years he has been consulting in failure analysis, engineering design, boiler explosions, safety of mechanical systems and accident reconstruction within the U.S and internationally – investigating over 500 mechanical failures during this time.
Call for papers
We’d like to invite practising engineers and researchers to submit abstracts for presentation at this upcoming workshop. It’s a great entry level opportunity to showcase your work and get real feedback from industry, as well as advance your own professional development.
And of course, we’d also encourage any of our members and companies working in the pressure equipment field to become part of the workshop too.
- be no more than 300 words,
- not include images, figures or tables, and
- include a speaker profile.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the workshop committee and successful authors will be invited to present at the workshop.
We’d encourage you to ensure your presentations are informative and technical in nature, and not overly used for marketing or promotion purposes.
Please email your abstract to [email protected] .
The deadline for the submission of abstracts
is 1 December 2019has been extended to 13 December 2019.
About the Pressure Equipment week
The Pressure Equipment workshop is the culmination of HERA’s Pressure Equipment week.
This will be a week jam-packed with technical presentations and seminars on topics related to Pressure Equipment, and will run from Monday 8 to Friday 12 June 2020.
So far the week includes:
- Pipeline Defect Assessment: 3 day course presented by Professor Phil Hopkins, from 9 – 11 June
- ASME IX and AS/NZS 3992: 2 day course presented by Leon Rosenbrock (date to be confirmed)
- In Service Welding and Repair of Pipelines: 2 day course presented by Leon Rosenbrock (date to be confirmed)
- Pressure Equipment Workshop: 1 day conference with keynote speaker Crispin Hales, on 12 June
If you have a strong interest to attend any of these events – please register now with links provided above. Or, you can head to our events page on our website by clicking here.
If you have any questions, or would like to register for the two day courses run by Leon Rosenbrock, please contact our Automation and Welding 4.0 Engineer Holger Heinzel by email at [email protected] or by phone at +64 9 262 4755.